The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Longer Lunches

Longer 

Lunchtime for Students is too short.The idea is that lunches give students more time to eat during lunch. Students want more lunch time, and not only so they can spend more time with their friends. Students barely have enough time to get from their lockers to the lunch room.

The lunch rooms are crowded and there’s not enough time to get from your locker to the lunch room. Students should have longer lunches. “In schools where students had at least 25 minutes for lunch. ” Study shows that when there’s shorter lunches people tend to skip eating their fruit.

“Some students don’t benefit and from longer lunches. Some say if you don’t get your lunch on time then ” Who’s problem is that?.” You shouldn’t be playing around if you actually want to eat then eat. More students would be happier, if they add at least 10 more minutes to lunches.

Students will benefit from more time at lunch. More time at lunch isn’t for students to talk to their friends more, it’s so that they can have more time to eat at lunch.

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Longer Lunches”

1. Maris rosas on February 21st, 2017 8:34 am

I agree with this article because we should get more time for lunch. We barely have time to get our lunch and eat. The lines are really long and sometimes by the time lunch is over the lines are still there and we have to use some time from class. So i believe that by just 10 more minutes we can all eat lunch without using class time.

[Reply]

2. Julie Valdovinos on February 21st, 2017 8:41 am

I think we should have longer time for lunch. We the students are learning 5 to 8 hours of learning and we barley have break between classes. We should have longer lunches it will increase the time we want to learn.

[Reply]

3. gloria v. on February 21st, 2017 1:38 pm

I think we should have longer lunches because sometimes the lines are long and people don’t have time to get their food.

[Reply]

4. Adriana Valdez on February 21st, 2017 1:53 pm

I 100% agree with this article. In fact I was just thinking about this at lunch today. I was upset because I got to lunch early, I was in the middle of the line ready to get a spicy chicken sandwich and I literally spent 30 minutes in line because everyone was cutting me. I was irritated and by the time I got my food (which was no longer a spicy chicken because they had run out) the bell rang and I did not get to sit down and enjoy my pizza. There was about 20 students still in line when the bell rang. All of them didn’t get to eat either due to all the people that cut in line. I feel like if we would of got 10 minutes more to eat then everything would be fine. I know that this is off topic, but I also believe that there should be staff watching the lines for people that are cutting. They are the reason why people don’t get to eat.

[Reply]

5. David Marquez on February 21st, 2017 1:59 pm

This article is based on the idea of longer lunches. This writer of the article is stating that students at Desert Pines High School should have longer lunch time. I personally agree with this idea and that is because Desert Pines HS contains a lot of students. We only have two lunches throughout the school day. More students means longer lines, even if they are divided into two lunches. The lines here at Desert Pines HS , for lunch, do not end. I have noticed that you have to wait an average of 20-25 minutes in line in order to get your lunch and thats only if you do not cut people in line. Lunch only lasts for 30 minutes so if you do the math that leaves you with 5-10 minutes to find a seat and finish your lunch.

[Reply]

6. philip arnold on February 22nd, 2017 12:59 pm

I think it is a good thing that the student should eat lunches instead of going to talk to friends.but many of the students don’t have enough time to get there lunches and eat because the lines at lunch is to long .so the time of lunch should be extended by 10-15 mins at least.that should be enough time for student to get lunch and finish it .

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Longer Lunches