The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Dress Code

Dress code should not be enforced as strictly. Students should be able to express themselves in any kind of clothes. Nor should teachers and students feel like other students clothes are a distraction. How a child dresses is how they feel or its for the look they’re going for. Doesn’t mean they are fast, gothic, or looking for attention they’re just trying to be different from the other kids. Personality is everything when it comes to clothes. Just like it is when it comes to cosmetics.

The way dress code is now is fine but sometimes they show too much skin.Sometimes the kids go overboard with what they’re allowed to wear.Although not all clothes are meant to be worn in school during certain seasons. The dress code now should only be strictly enforced in the winter to keep the kids from getting sick. If a students is absolutely wearing something revealing all rights should be given to send them to the office but if they’re just expressing themselves they shouldn’t be bothered.

If parents and students involve themselves more than we believe dress code could be worked out. If dress code isn’t enforced on students so strictly then it could benefit them in so many ways. Just because the student dresses a certain way doesn’t mean other students or teachers should feel distracted or disrespected. The way these students decide to dress themselves is strictly on them. If their parents allow them to wear it then teachers or administrator shouldn’t have anything to say.

8 Comments

8 Responses to “Dress Code”

1. Zabdi Lemus on February 17th, 2017 11:08 am

I believe that students should be able to dress however they want. Instead of putting students down, you should compliment them. They’re comfortable enough to dress how they want, many aren’t as confident.

[Reply]

2. Angely Sandoval - Flores on February 21st, 2017 8:31 am

I thimk students should not have a dresscode I feel like people are not confident if they is dress code. They won’t be dressing like the real them. But also people shouldn’t be allowed to wear clothes that show alot like alot of skin. Cause thne girls are going to be saying ” they sexuallized assualted me “. I like to crop tops. But the school don’t accept them. I love crop top. But i just don’t want to get introuble

[Reply]

3. Leo Ulloa on February 21st, 2017 8:33 am

I don’t think the dress code policy is as strict as it was before, back then students weren’t even able to wear a t-shirt you should be thankful our school doesn’t make us wear uniform anymore.

[Reply]

4. Julie Valdovinos on February 21st, 2017 8:34 am

I feel students and teacher can dress how they want or choose to wear. They don’t need rules to be who they are or want to be.

[Reply]

5. Arlyn Figueroa on February 21st, 2017 8:47 am

i feel like sometimes the administrators go a little too overboard with the dress code. The way people dress shouldn’t affect a persons life or school performance.

[Reply]

6. David Marquez on February 23rd, 2017 1:50 pm

I agree with this article about the dress code here in Desert Pines. The dress code rules should not be strict. People have the right to wear whatever they want outside of school so they should have the same right in school. The way a person dresses themselves is based on their lifestyle and how they were raised. Most students just follow the crowd and change the way they dress. But there are students who dress , how they live. It is another way of expressing yourself to others and meeting people who have similarity with you. That is why I agree with this article.

[Reply]

7. Joseph Williamson on February 24th, 2017 1:48 pm

I think we don’t need dress code because we will look like prisoners. Everyone deserve to wear what they want not look like clones and slaves. Teachers might want that but students hate dress code.

[Reply]

8. Rebeca Martinez on March 3rd, 2017 1:33 pm

I feel like students should be able to wear what they want. Some administrators get out of hand and start noticing the smallest thing and make a big deal out of it. Students should be able to dress how they want without having someone tell them otherwise.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Dress Code