The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

The Significance of Women’s Marches

Cecilia Belio

The women’s marches that occurred were vital. They took place on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017. The significant protests were worldwide, even though they weren’t intended to be. Thousands of protesters were inspiring because they advocated human rights. Women’s marches help with the advancement for women everywhere.

Looking into the future, other generations will be benefited because of concerned citizens standing up for their rights now. They won’t have to deal with issues that are dealt with today.

There won’t be any improvement anytime soon if no one speaks up. Everyone’s voices should be heard to be even more progressive.

The women’s marches are very informative. They are showing the major issues women are facing, not only in the U.S. but in various countries.

The marches gathered an enormous crowd which caused streets to flood. It’s inconvenient because they cause streets to close since “at least 3.3 million people participated in the Women’s March across the U.S.” The marches are influential as they are beneficial, innovative, and educational. However, they cause an inconvenience to some due to their effects. So, joining in the marches is a great way to fix the problem.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “The Significance of Women’s Marches”

1. Omar Becerra on March 23rd, 2017 11:31 am

Its amzing to see so many so many women fighting for their rights.

[Reply]

2. Alexis Escaray on March 23rd, 2017 11:31 am

I agree so much. There wont be any improvement in anything in the world if we dont speak up! Great article

[Reply]

3. TaNiya durr on March 23rd, 2017 11:32 am

Seriously wish i couldve been apart of this. What they stood up for will definitely benifit us in the future. Im glad all of the women who were able to be out there stood up for the ones that couldnt be.

[Reply]

4. Yadira telleZ-perez on March 23rd, 2017 11:34 am

I do support this becaues ig as a girl in this world i want rights for my self and everybody to

[Reply]

5. Alexis Mercado on March 23rd, 2017 11:38 am

The Women March has so much diversity not only for women but for everyone. It not only shows the younger generation that we can change history but how people can come together and support each other.

[Reply]

6. Zabdi Lemus on March 23rd, 2017 11:42 am

I think it’s great so many women, and men, decided to speak up on something so important.

[Reply]

7. Joanna Varela on March 23rd, 2017 11:48 am

I totally agree with your argument/opinion.

[Reply]

8. Jennifer Soto on March 23rd, 2017 12:26 pm

I think that people underestimate women too much for all the hard work we try to do in order to be and look strong and think an all women’s matches is very inspirational and it gives women all over the world the little power they need to feel better and happy about being women rather than being taking advantage of or feeling down because they don’t get paid the same they are being seen as weak by men around the world. Maybe by having Women marching down the street with our own little background stories and what we do/ go through every day as a woman people will respect us a little more and view us differently.

[Reply]

9. Magdalena on March 28th, 2017 8:39 am

Just as the article stated that we must speak up so the issues we face today wont have to dealt with by the next genaration. What raised some questions was in the last sentences in the article were it said “however they cause an inconvenience to somedue to their effects.” What effects could a march to raise awarness of how unfairly women are being treated bring up.

[Reply]

10. Joe Regalado on March 28th, 2017 8:40 am

I really agree with this statement because some people dont respect women and underestimate them.

[Reply]

11. Lizette on March 28th, 2017 8:43 am

I think its awsome that woman are standing up for themselfs and are doing somthing they want to do. Also that they are able to speak up and say what they want.

[Reply]

12. April on March 28th, 2017 8:45 am

This march inspired a lot of women and men to come together And let their voices be heard.

[Reply]

13. Noemi Paredes on March 28th, 2017 8:50 am

Its beautiful to see so many people , especially women to fight for equal rights , for their rights as women . I think this moment will forever be remembered in history. It will go down as 1 of the biggest marches in America , maybe even the biggest . Now that is what i call power of the people and women power .

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Significance of Women’s Marches