The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Asian style better than American

Daphne Salgado

Asian style is better than American style. It is a mixture of modest and not. This style should be brought here in America so there would be more different types of styles.

A reason for this is the American style usually consists of a t-shirt and regular jeans. This is considered no effort on clothing in Asia. Even though the Asian style might consist of skirts and dresses, they always manage to cover up but still look cute yet stylish. Unlike American style which to look “cute” or “stylish” is to show some skin. By the way the Asian style is, it makes you seem more elegant in a way. It looks as if you respect yourself more due to the way they dress.

On the other hand in American style you can express your personality. American style is also more favorable. Some people are curious to know what the style would look like. Megan Durrett had said, “Asian style should be brought to America!” As I said Asian style is underrated and should be shown in the U.S.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Asian style better than American”

1. Claire Wright on March 8th, 2017 9:37 am

Here in America people truly believe that in order to look “cute” then you have to wear less clothing and show more skin. That is absolutely not true because you can find super “cute” clothing that is modest. When we dress more modest we seem more respectable too. If I were to dress in a showy way than I should expect a lot of attention and definitely not the good type of attention.

[Reply]

2. Yadira telleZ-perez on March 23rd, 2017 11:42 am

I think this is good if asian style comes to america for us to change some of our style ,but at the same time we could mix asian and ameriac togeter.

[Reply]

3. Javier Reyes on March 23rd, 2017 12:02 pm

I strongly believe Asian style is not better than the American style. Asian style is not always skirts and dresses, I have seen many people from Asia that dreess worst than a homeless. The only Asian people that i have seen dressed better than Americans is wealthy asians people. American style has improved through the years, many people travel to America just to go shopping, because it has the best designer stores and brands that are well know around the world.

[Reply]

4. Bridgette Barajas on March 28th, 2017 8:34 am

I agree with this because in America we think “the less clothing the better” and it is not true.

[Reply]

5. Lizette on March 28th, 2017 8:49 am

I think its good that asian people come to the u.s because that way they can show some of to people. They can show them how they dress and maybe the u.s people can have an idea of somthing new.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Asian style better than American