The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Dating in High School !?!?

Danny De Leon

Why is dating in high school stupid? You really don’t get anything but drama and complicated feelings. Being in a relationship in high school is pretty much having a glorified best friend but more problems. There’s also way more expectations that you have to live up to and rules you have to follow. That’s pretty much why I think dating in high school is dumb.

You really cannot date in high school and expect it to last longer than a year and definitely not forever. Most of the people I know have been in a relationship ranging from a month to maybe nine. My friend Selena said “The longest relationship I’ve been in was eight months.”

Being in a relationship in high school is like having a sign above your head that says, “I love drama.” I have at least five friends a day telling me about their relationship problems. When I asked my friend Julian about his relationship he said, “We literally argue almost everyday about stupid stuff.”

Once that relationship is over one you, if not both of you, is going to have their feelings hurt. I know this because my friends and my own personal experience. Nobody likes getting dumped by the person they really care but let’s be honest, that’s probably what’s going to happen.

If your feelings aren’t hurt then it really wasn’t a relationship. If you want to be with someone you should actually care about each other to call it a relationship. If you don’t care then a relationship is pointless, thus proving my point that dating in high school is dumb.

Well that’s pretty much why I think dating in high school is stupid. So do yourself a favor don’t date in high school.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Dating in High School !?!?”

1. Nayeli Perea on March 23rd, 2017 11:39 am

I agree with you. From my own experiene i believe that high school relationships wont work.

[Reply]

2. marian ayala on March 28th, 2017 8:50 am

i thought that this article was sort of funny, yeah maybe not all relationships in high school work, although i know a few people that are now in their 30s with kids that have been dating since high school but its a good learning experience for sure. and cmon you cant say that you didn’t have a fun time with your ex, everyone has drama in their life. i dont feel like my last relationship was stupid or a waste of time. that being said, dating in high school is fun, even if it may come with a little baggage,

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Dating in High School !?!?