The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Donald Trump Accuses Obama For Tapping Into His Phones

Eric Arrieta

On Saturday March 4, President Trump accused Obama of tapping into his phones at the Trump Tower one month before the election.

Trump posted about it on twitter saying “ How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad(or sick) guy!”

Trump did not offer any evidence to support his claim and his spokesperson has consistently refused to do so.

Noah Feldman, a professor at Harvard Law School said that the unsubstantiated claims, if proved false, could be a “major scandal” and it could get the current president impeached.

There seems no doubt that Donald Trump’s statements were false and defamatory. “If President Obama chooses to, he could sue President Trump and win lots and lots of money.” But “Obama is not that kind of ‘guy’ said Geoffrey Stone, a famous law professor at the University of Chicago.

Obama seems to have not said anything about the accusations. It is likely that we will not. He has remained silent and Trump nor Obama are going to do anything about the accusations.

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Donald Trump Accuses Obama For Tapping Into His Phones”

1. Eric Arrieta on March 13th, 2017 4:06 pm

UPDATE: President Trump’s advisor, Seaan Spicer, claims that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly and was not accusing Obama.

[Reply]

2. TaNiya durr on March 23rd, 2017 11:33 am

Fdt!!! Lmao. I really do not like him. Why would obama tap in his phones? He needs to focus on being impeached.

[Reply]

3. adviser on March 23rd, 2017 12:09 pm

I think donald trump was hella dumb for saying that because obama wouldnt do something like that. Donald trump just doesnt like obama and maybe just made that up.
    Alan Soto

[Reply]

4. April on March 28th, 2017 8:40 am

i believe that trump just wanted attention so he came up with that obama tap on his phone one month before yet he did not make it a big deal because he dose not have prove.

[Reply]

5. Maria rosas on March 28th, 2017 8:40 am

This isnt true at all , we know that obama would never do soemthing like this to him. In my opinion i think donald trump said that to make obama look bad . Or maybe so we can dislike obama and focuse more on trump.

[Reply]

6. Gerardo Monarrez on March 28th, 2017 8:41 am

I think Donald Trump should leave Obama alone and Obama should sue Trump for all of his money.

[Reply]

7. Dulce murguia on March 28th, 2017 8:41 am

I think that obama didnt do nothing because he is not like that trump is just say this cuz he wants the money . I think that obama should sue trup for this.

[Reply]

8. Bryan Cano on March 28th, 2017 8:42 am

I think President Trump is just saying that cause he is just trying to start a new problem in out country. Also, he doesn’t know much about law, but thinks that if he starts saying something new, the nation will start believing every word he says and maybe start a civil war all over.

[Reply]

9. Oscar D. Reyes on March 28th, 2017 8:47 am

Accusing someone without evidence is really bad like how Donald Trump accuse Obama. Obama must be a really nice guy to not sue Trump because then Trump would have to give a lot of money.

[Reply]

10. Joe Regalado on March 28th, 2017 8:49 am

Donald trump is just a bad sport and does not like Obama so he made stuff up so they can hate him

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.