The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Desert Pines Football Rebuild

Donovan Manuel

Desert Pines Varsity Football Team is just coming off of an amazing season. They accomplished many things. They won State, They went 12-1 and 5-0 in league. So they almost ended undefeated. But this can actually be can be considered the best season so far for the Dp Jags. But they will have only one problem and this problem is having to rebuild when all those Seniors leave.

The Desert Pines Varsity Football Team will lose a grand total of 25 seniors this year. All of those seniors played a big role on the team. They all made big plays and gave a great effort while doing it. The upcoming Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores will need to step up if they want to get another State title next year.

The next years team has the potential to be great. They need many positions filled. The top two positions that they need is the Quarterback position and the Running Back position. This year they are losing Senior Markell Grayson. He is going to UNLV at the end of the year. He was a great leader on the team and he also played a big role. Another Senior is Isaiah Morris he was the starting Running Back for the Varsity Team. He will be going to UNR at the end of the year. He also had a very great season. He scored a majority of the team’s points. They also need more offensive and defensive lineman. Not only that but they need to be a reasonable size. What I mean by that is they cannot be taller than the Quarterback. They also need to have the great ability to block. The last thing they need is Linebackers. One linebacker who played well this season was Tony Fields. He already graduated and he made big plays for the team when they counted. He also helped a lot of defence.

Other than that the team should be fine at the other positions. If they get these kind of the players they will do big things this year and will be on the right track to win State.