The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Teenage Pregnancy Rate Dropping

Pandora Herrera

Over the past ten years the teenage pregnancy rate had dropped dramatically. Why is the rate dropping though? Why are children still being looked down on so harshly if the rate is dropping? People are getting smarter and smarter and even more careful but people still make mistakes. The world is changing but some refuse to.

I feel like nobody has the right to judge anyone, especially about teen pregnancy. Everyone can make mistakes and should not be treated badly for it.

Adults always tell their 15-19 year olds (average age of teenage pregnancy and being kicked out) to grow up. When they say that kids go do grown up things and adults get mad when grown up things happen.

The pregnancy rate has dropped from 116.8% to 65.3%. The abortion rate has dropped from 40.35 to 16.3%. Kids are obviously getting smarter and doing something different.

I understand the kids should not have kids because they are not ready, but show them right don’t put them down. They need to get smarter and slow down. If they think about their actions maybe teen pregnancy won’t happen.

Teen pregnancy is at a record low, and coming from a family where it is not the most common and sort of looked down on this is a good thing. Below 25 percent of teen females get pregnant now. 1000 girls between 15 and 19 will get pregnant. No matter what kids are kids and will make mistakes but the numbers are getting lower and people are getting more careful.

Hispanic-50%

Black-44%

All-42%

White-36%

Asian-48%

15 Comments

15 Responses to “Teenage Pregnancy Rate Dropping”

1. Omar Becerra on March 23rd, 2017 11:32 am

I agree with people should not judge teens about pregnancy. Its the teens problem not theirs.

[Reply]

2. Isamar Sosa on March 23rd, 2017 11:35 am

At DP you would most likely not see any other Race teen being pregnant only Hispanic. Hispanic is the highest rate of being pregnant.

[Reply]

3. Savanna Strott on March 23rd, 2017 11:42 am

I really liked this!It was very catching, and the topic was very interesting. Citing where you got the statistics or hyperlinking them to the source, would strengthen your argument.

[Reply]

4. Yadira telleZ-perez on March 23rd, 2017 11:52 am

I think that the teenage pregnacy rat has dropped dramatically for each race to go down more and more every year.

[Reply]

5. Rachelle Banales on March 28th, 2017 8:37 am

Teen pregnancy shouldnt be happening bcuse most teens arent aware of the conseuence that can happen. Pandora I love this article you bave given so many facts and what the issue is in the US. Teens should not be gettitng pregnant and they need to use protection.

[Reply]

6. Kaitlynn Reyes on March 28th, 2017 8:37 am

If this is a news article then you shouldn’t include yourself in the article. It’s a good article and it has a lot of info but don’t include yourself as in don’t say “I think”. Just a FYI.

[Reply]

7. Maria rosas on March 28th, 2017 8:38 am

I really liked this article , it was very intersting and it had a lot of good details . I strongly agree with this , instead of putting the girle down we should help them with their pregnacy.

[Reply]

8. Bryan Cano on March 28th, 2017 8:38 am

I agree, I haven’t seen many teen girls getting pregnant recently. They have gotten smarter and taken some time to think what they do in their life. But what I didn’t understand, is what the numbers at the end mean.

[Reply]

9. Joselyn Sanchez on March 28th, 2017 8:38 am

I agree that people should not judge because it might have been the teens mistake or something else might of happen. No one should talk without knowing what really happened.

[Reply]

10. Joselin Llerenas on March 28th, 2017 8:40 am

This really intrigued me. I always hear about teen pregnancies so I thought the numbers would’ve increased. It really comes as a surprise to me that the percentage has dropped but in all honesty im proud of our generation for thinking more plausible and think about the possible consequences. This betters our world.

[Reply]

11. Oscar D. Reyes on March 28th, 2017 8:41 am

In all it was very well written article. Maybe next time when you talk about statistics try to include a link of where you found your information.

[Reply]

12. Erin S on March 28th, 2017 8:42 am

I feel as if teens that get pregnant have it hard because people feel like they rushed it or that their to young or even they are not ready. Teens think that they have so much to prove to everybody that judged them for being a teen mom feel that everything happens for a good cause

[Reply]

13. Noemi Paredes on March 28th, 2017 8:44 am

The hook to grab peoples attention was good i liked it . Also , either way i don’t think girls should be getting pregnant no matter what . The good thing is that the rate has dropped at least because bringing a child to this world is a really huge resposibility and it just messes up their future and they are going to have to focus on the child instead of school .

[Reply]

14. Magdalena on March 28th, 2017 8:45 am

I love that the article is praising that the teen pregnancy rate was dropped. It show the parents should be happy about their kids not being parents at this age, but their sceptical for some reason.

[Reply]

15. Arlyn Figueroa on March 28th, 2017 8:47 am

i think that people shouldn’t judge the ones that get pregnant they made a mistake.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Teenage Pregnancy Rate Dropping