The student news site of  Desert Pines High School

Jaguar Post

Staff Profile: Sean Mcnulty

Sean McNulty

Desert Pines High School Wrestling Team 2016-2017

This man goes by a few names, such as Sean, Mr. Mcnulty, and coach. He grew up in the state of Washington with his family and friends. He moved to Vegas to teach Health at Desert Pines High School about a year ago and has been there every since. He doesn’t just teach however he also coaches. Mcnulty coaches both football and wrestling at the school.  Before becoming a teacher at DP he participated in UFC. UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship a sport where two competitors use martial arts and other fighting practices to beat the other person.

How did you make the decision to move from your home state?

I got some offers for fighting and I really had no direction of what I was doing. It was a spur of the moment decision. My family was upset about me moving because I am really close to my family, every single one of them.

Mcnulty and His Sisters

What was it like growing up with adopted siblings?

I have two foster sisters it was awesome it taught me a lot about myself and life. I was able to learn from them and I think that’s great. It was a unique experience for me.

I got into UFC because of coaching wrestling. At a gym they kind of threw me into a match. It went pretty smoothly and soon after I realized I like this sport.

Why did you choose to become a teacher

I  decided to become a teacher because I had teachers that impacted my life and I felt like growing up being a student athlete I had stuff to give back, I want them to know someone has their backs.

Would you ever fight again?

Yeah I would fight in a heartbeat. right now I’m just taking some time to get stuff taken care of, but this summer I plan on fighting again.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned so far?

Turn everything into a positive and keep pushing forward.

1 Comment

One Response to “Staff Profile: Sean Mcnulty”

1. Savanna Strott on March 23rd, 2017 11:50 am

I saw that this was for Mr.McNulty, and I had to read it lol. He’s a cool guy, and it’s important that you pick interesting people like him. I really loved the use of pictures. I would suggest reading it over a couple more times because there were some questions that repeated themselves, and then some grammar mistakes were made. Overall, it was very interesting!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Staff Profile: Sean Mcnulty