Jaguar Post

The Bombing That Tore Syria Apart..

Getty// The Independent.co.

Getty// The Independent.co.

Perla Martinez Bravo, Senior Reporter

On the day of April 14, 2018, Syria was attacked with a tremendous explosion. Not the kind of explosion where flames and screams of pain are heard. A pain that stood out as silence. The United States along with allies, France and Britain, have launched various chemical attacks throughout the city of Homs and the capital, Damascus.

The explanation for the attacks came in the following week after Syria’s president, Bashar al Assad demonstrated his anger by launching chemical weapons outside the city of Damascus, killing at least 42 adults and several children. This was a declaration of war. According to Voxnews.com, “The U.S. bombing of Syria, explained in 400 words”, the U.S. along with allies, France and Great Britain have come to an agreement not the location for the upcoming 3 planned chemical attacks. All 3 attacks were destined for an outskirt of Damascus, all related to Syria’s chemical weapons program. A research center, a storage facility, and a command post were altered.

President Trump has spoken out to his audience, giving a personal opinion and reason for this incident. “The evil and despicable attack left mothers and fathers, infants and children, thrashing in pain and gasping for air,” Trump said in a brief televised statement on Friday night. “These are not the actions of a man. They are crimes of a monster instead.” (Vox “Read Trump’s statement on Syria strike: “They are crimes of a monster.”) https://www.vox.com/2018/4/14/17237854/syria-bombing-trump-russia-chemical-weapons   

In agreement with Trump, Russian president, Vladimir Putin has announced the strikes as an “act of aggression” towards an entire system of international relations. In comparison, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has confessed the strikes to be a “crime” against Syria.

The decisions for a future attack are unclear by the U.S. government but the conflict remains in tact for Syria’s fear to prosper on.